Saturday, July 14, 2007

THE PATTERN

THE PATTERN




Tonight I finished knitting a baby hat, one of many, I have made for the nursery at our local hospital. I use a pattern as I ‘knit one, pearl one.’ If I missed a stitch or didn’t follow the pattern, I would end up with something other than what I wanted. Frustration and desperation would follow until the error was corrected
Life with its frustrations is in desperate need for a pattern , one of harmony and love. I believe there is such a pattern and there is power in the Plan that already exists, if we accept it fully.
What does the Lord require of us but to have mercy, do justly and love the Lord our God and enjoy Him forever. If we are to have inner peace we have to believe in the power of love and goodness. Jesus throughout His ministry taught us the way of love, and compassion . My prayer is for Him to continue to guide us today…………



To remember Christ’s body that was broken for me,
To forgive others as I have been forgiven by Thee,
To have a contrite heart and the will to repent,
To accept Christ as Savior and know atonement,
To not be disillusioned by the world,
To be concerned when diversity is unfurled,
To proclaim the love for which I was called,
To break down the barriers wherein I’m walled,
To show compassion when others suffer,
To be involved with life and not demure,
To feed the hungry and help the oppressed,
That all might have life and true happiness
Amen.

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Hi, Grandmother--I take great joy in the "plan" Jeremiah 29:11. When I struggle I am reminded that it's best I am not in control but let God be in control of my life.
I love you!!!!