Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Jesus loves me!

This is an e-mail I received some time back. A  church in Atlanta was honoring one of its senior pastors who was 92 years old and  had been retired many years.  After given a warm welcome, with great effort he went to the podium.  Without a note or written paper of any kind he placed both hands on the pulpit to steady himself and then  quietly and slowly he began to speak... "When I was asked to come here today and talk to you, your pastor asked me to tell you what was the greatest lesson ever learned in my 50-odd years of preaching.  I thought about it for a few days and boiled it down to just one thing that made the most difference in my life and sustained me through all my trials.  The one thing that I could always rely on when tears and heartbreak and pain and fear and sorrow paralyzed me...the only thing that would comfort was this verse:

"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong, we are weak but He is strong...
Yes, Jesus loves me...The Bible tells me so."

Let us remember the manger  where Jesus was born, but also  the cross on Calvary where Jesus took our sins that we might walk free.

This is my Christmas message this year:
JESUS LOVES YOU AND HE LOVES ME!

 




No comments: