Sunday, December 2, 2007

ADVENT

During the Advent Season we end each Sunday Worship Service with words by Ann Weems: In anticipation of the birth of our Savior, let us mend a quarrel…build peace…seek out a forgotten friend…encourage youth…keep a promise…forgo a grudge…listen…be kind…be gentle…laugh a lot….express our gratitude…welcome a stranger…gladden the heart of a child …take pleasure in beauty and wonder of the earth...speak our love…speak it again…speak it still once again!

Having read these words several years ago written by “Ches,” they must be meaningful for us not only during Advent, but anytime.

I’m reminded that: To steal from one writer is plagiarism.
To steal from many is research.
To be inspired by any & all writers is creativity.

3 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Grandmother,

I love you!! I will speak words of love to you over and over again. I love you!!

steve mitchell said...

Well, I for one, will take your words of creativity and endeavor to be a kinder person.

Lisa Smith said...

Grandmother,

I left you a comment on my blog. Chicken pox is not fun. It's true when we tell our children that we're suffering too...Hunter is acting fine all except he can't leave the house. He has major cabin fever! Me too.