Sunday, December 30, 2007

A New Year

When Jews assemble for their New Year’s celebration, they often recite a prayer which begins: “Today is the birthday of the world; “ Meaning: Whatever was our yesterday, today--as every day--we start anew.

The end of one year and the dawning of a new one provides an excellent opportunity to wipe the slate clean and make a fresh start. Remembering God's faithfulness and forgetting our past mistakes will make entering the new year a time of anticipation.

New Year's Day as well as any new day can be the first day of the rest of our life.

Most people are apprehensive about resolutions, but if you really want to have a healthy, happy and probably prosperous new year it might be wise to adopt a resolution to be grateful to God for the opportunity to start over and the many blessings we receive through Grace & Mercy.

Our Daily Bread says to reflect on these words:
Be Silent and listen to the voice of God (Ps. 46:10).
Pause from a hectic schedule to be refreshed in spirit (ps.42:1-2)
Accentuate the joy of God’s provision through thanksgiving (Ps. 65:9-13).
Exalt the name of God for answered prayer in spite of disappointment (Ps. 40:1-3)
End the day by reflecting on the Lord’s faithfulness (Ps. 119:148)


My New Year’s Resolution :

This year my resolution
Is to draw closer to Thee.
I will follow if you guide me
Is my fervent plea.
I’ll pray & read your word
To others I’ll portray
The love that set me free and
The price you had to pay.
You have showered me with blessings
You watch over me night and day.
So Lord, accept my gratitude
In adoration, I humbly pray.
Wilhelmine

1 comment:

steve mitchell said...

tommorrow does start a new year - Wow, i will coming up on 60 of them. you have over 80.
Praise be to God for His riches in Christ Jesus - for assigning you as my mother and to live thru the 60's.