Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Extreme Makeover

Too often we are caught up in the rush & bustle of a busy life with many competing interest. Each day there is within us, in spite of our failures, a constant urge to follow a better way. Maybe we need an Extreme Makeover.

I read a story about an incident in the life of Livingston, a missionary in Africa some years past, and it took on an added meaning for me.

Under the guidance of a native of a certain part of Africa, Livingston was cutting across country new to him. After traveling for sometime, he began to have some concern about the way and voiced his concern to his guide who told him, “There is no road, I am the way.” Just as Livingston had to have faith in the guide’s way, so we have to have faith in our way.

For us, as Christians, there is no way except CHRIST’S WAY. It reminds us that dependence upon Christ is the condition not only for service, but also for continued life. It means waiting in faith at times.

Let go. Let God
Every good and perfect gift
Comes from up above.
Lo the giver is the greatest gift
The verb and noun of love.
No pleasure is too particular
No concern too great or small
For the one who names each starry host
And counts each bird that falls.
He keeps our tears in a bottle
Till the day when he'll wipe them all away.
Our hope is more sure than the sunshine
Our proof is the empty grave.
Lord, I want to love you
Because you first loved me.
Lord, I want to live like you,
Will you live in me.
David Mitchell

1 comment:

steve mitchell said...

My brother was very insightful and quite the poet.