Monday, August 20, 2007

Invisible Power


The trees are still, the grass barely sways,
But you go singing & whirling away
The clouds are immobile, no kite in the sky,
But you are turning around on high.
You must have a playmate all your own
Out in the field there quite alone,
That gives you energy to pump and drill,
For I see no wind to turn your wheel.

A windmill out in the field, yet no apparent wind, whirling away. It must have an
INVISIBLE SOURCE OF POWER.

I remember something my mother use to say to my father when he asked for more sugar for his coffee. She would say, “Just stir up what’s already in your cup.”
MAYBE THAT’S IT!

When we get overly tired or discouraged we forget or underestimate the marvelous ability God has already given us. God does not hold us responsible for our actions, only our faithfulness.
We can start each day cheerfully & bravely because there is something else that is “DAILY.”
It is the continuous sufficient grace of the One whose strength is made perfect in weakness.

IN ACCEPTANCE LIES PEACE1

3 comments:

steve mitchell said...

circumstances are what they are

Peace comes from the Peace Giver

when my drink needs more sweetner, I just ask my wife to stick her finger in it

Lisa Smith said...

I am so grateful that His strength is made perfect in my weakness!

Lisa Smith said...

...and Uncle Steve, I add chocolate caramel creamer to my coffee mmmmm!