Thursday, August 2, 2007

Wedding Bliss

Bill & I just returned from Salisbury, Maryland where we attended the wedding of Josh (our last grandchild to get married). After the excitement of the wedding, we went to Ocean City (a resort on the Atlantic Ocean) for a day of relaxation. We were sitting on the beach watching the waves and listening to the sound they made as they rolled to shore. It seemed calm & peaceful and then a big wave came crashing in and the sound made a roar in our ears. Just as the tide rolls in and then recedes, I thought about the ups & downs & adjustments that newly married couples usually have. It is a time to keep communications open with each other and with God. A God who controls the oceans and will keep your lives steady & calm.



THE SURF
I hear the rumble of your strength,
As you pound the beach.
I see your rolling, roaring waves,
That never cease.
You sound angry and fierce,
As the waves roll,
But your constant voice does lull,
And calm my soul.
So, I think you have a gentle heart,
That likes to tease,
You’re really just a thousand leaves,
Rustling in the breeze.

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Grandmother--I love the communion I feel with God on the beach. I see the steadiness and unchanging character of God in the rise and fall of each wave...never stopping...always constant.

steve mitchell said...

it is not just newlyweds that need to roll with the waves; it's just best to learn it early and not let the bigger waves capsize you later. enjoy each moment, ride the easy waves, body surf, sun bath be vigilant and hold on to each other for the big breakers