Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Friday is Here, But Sunday is Coming!

I thought this phrase was so catchy, I remembered it, but didn’t remember the author. Our preacher used the phrase in a sermon one Sunday and I thought it had a world of meaning
We all have aches & pains. Some more than others, particularly as we grow older. We all experience sorry when a loved one dies. We all experience troubles and hardships , but usually they are equaled out with the good & happy times. Rather than concentrating on the trials of life, we should fix our attention on our blessings!
You’ll never know when you’ll need the Lord’s comfort. When God’s care will be your only hope to face tomorrow, so let’s us not be deceived by our own accomplishments. We might be remarkable in the respect we earned from co-workers and acquaintance. We might attend church regularly and do many good works, but neither going to church or doing good works will earn us one second in Heaven.. As religious and well-loved as we may be, we won’t go to heaven unless we accept God’s free gift of eternal life, and ask Jesus Christ to forgive our sins.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 FRIDAY IS HERE, BUT SUNDAY IS COMING!

If the problem is too big for us to handle alone or the grief too great for us to bear; put your hand in the Lord’s hand and let the ‘God of all comfort’ lead you home. You will be secure in God’s loving everlasting arms.
Christ took our sins upon himself when He died on the cross that we might walk free with the assurance that we will have eternal life with Him in Heaven. We have only to believe!
The resurrection of Jesus Christ was life from the dead. As Jesus was changed into an infinitely more beautiful form so shall our resurrection be. Because Jesus rose from the grave, we can be confident that our bodies will be changed and fashioned to be like His glorious body. Yes, one day we will be like him.

FRIDAY IS PAST AND SUNDAY IS HERE. HALLELUJAH!

He Maketh No Mistake

My Father’s way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I’m glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.
My cherished plans may go astray
My hopes may fade away,
But still I’ll trust my Lord to lead
For He doth know the way.
Tho’ night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break;
I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.
There’s so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight’s far too dim;
But come what may, I’ll simply trust and leave it all to Him.
For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He’ll make,Through all the way, tho’ dark to me.
He made not one mistake. -A. M. Overton

No comments: