Friday, April 27, 2007

Doors

Doors are interesting, they open & close. Doors are such an every day part of living we rarely give them a thought unless they stick or refuse to open. The doors through which we choose to pass determine to a great extent the sort of people we become. There are school doors, library doors, church doors, doors to gambling houses and bars. We have a choice. The doors we open & close each day decide the lives we live.

Many of us when meeting with sudden disappointment or misfortune raise a cry of anger and resentment against heaven. Why should God do this to us. To be deprived of health is hard to bear and harder to understand, but we are reminded God never takes from us without giving something greater in return. Disappointments & troubles are often instruments with which He fashions us for better things to come. God will always open another door when one is closed.

This past year was a very frustrating for Bill & I. Bill having open-heart surgery and myself having a radical double mastectomy and being informed that I also have lymphoma. Things we enjoyed doing were no longer a pssibility for us. With my activity limited I thankfully found a new door opened for me with the computer.. A place where I can share my thought and poems with family & friends. A new exciting life opened. One that I can look forward in the fullest sense, a bright new day.

A New Day
From the first red glare of sunrise
To the warm glo of sunset
How glorious is each new day.
Morning sunlight, dewdrops glisten as dawn dies
Awake to doves a cooing.
Flowers opening their blossoms gay.
The freshness, newness of the moring cries
Rejoice, be glad, be happy.
The whisper of a breeze that's want to play
The rivers, creeks, lakes all that abide
The gentle current, the strong tide,
That guides our life as much it may.
The butterfly, bird, bee, all that flies
O're awesome mountain and trees,
Bring music and beauty to all to stay.
And still there is left much for surprise
To thrill each life afresh
No puppets we, our wills please-hurray!
The twinkle of star studded skies
Bring peace and self esteem
In answer to our wishfullness, we only have to pray.
The wonder of each new day lies
In God's everlasting love,
We have naught but accept, there is no other way.
Wilhelmine

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Grandmother--This is my favorite post so far, I think. I love how you've walked faithfully, sacrificially and joyfully through the many doors in your life. Thank you for embracing the computer door so I can share your heartfelt thoughts and learn from your experiences. I love you!!! XOXO