Sunday, April 22, 2007

Just as I am

I am known for saying the wrong thing and usually at the wrong time. In fact Bill has a file of Willyisms, words or phrases I have said incorrectly or misquoted. "A bed of roses," "A bowl of cherries," might be misquoted as A bed of cherries. I'm not a good conversationalist. I'm forever "putting my foot in it" so to speak. I ask myself does it matter that I am imperfect in this way? The song, "Just As I Am" comes to mind. This song sang at the end of all Billy Graham's rallies lets people know they are worthy in God's eyes even tho imperfect.

Just as I am
Sometimes the way's not easy
we don't do the things we should,
Our day is simply fouled up
by not doing what we could.
Our mind is all a clutter
with many a doubting thought
time passes swiftly by,
The day has brought us naught.
But our Lord is gracious to forgive
our failures he has seen
tomorrow we can start anew
the slate if erased clean.
If we seek the Lord for guidance
In all things - not just some
There is no limit for you and me
In what we can become.
Still we fail as best we try
and yet God does declare
His love and mercy is for us all
His Son the cross did bear.
We have but to lead the way
to others with this love
that they too might know the grace
that comes from God above.
Thankful we should surely be
for the lion and the lamb
but most of all for Divine Love
that accepts me as I am.
From "Our Daily Bread" I read: "The validity of Christianity is not based on imperfect Christians, but on the perfect Christ."

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

I just love this poem!

I can't quote or remember any saying correctly either. Maybe I come by this naturally.

I have a neat insight about the Lion and the Lamb (not yet published) that you may enjoy too. Can't wait to read about the doors!

XOXO